I have just taken the position of Deputy Cockatrice editor, and I am looking forward to getting the wonderful articles submitted to The Cockatrice up on this blog for you all to see.
Also keen to hear about all the great A&S activities and events from around the Kingdom, pics of things you are working on, things you are researching, or any A&S related stuff that might be of interest to others in the Kingdom. If you email editor.cockatrice.lochac.sca.org with the subject ‘Blog Content’, it will be given full consideration.
Yours in Service
Master Grim of Thornby
- Reflections on the River Haven Spring Pilgrimage – Lord Theophrastus von Oberstockstall
- Dr Speed Build: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Make All the Things – Lord Jon Huslangr
- Making a Dark Ages Skillet – Lord Thomas Boardmakere
- Dance Report for Bal d’Argent 2018 – Lady Annabel de Swinburne
- ‘Rome: City and Empire’: An Exhibition Review – Lady Gwen verch David
- The Style of Period Printing: A Very Brief Taste of Printing History – Mistress katherine kerr of the Hermitage
Our winter edition is here, and it’s a big one! This edition features the following articles:
- A Decorated Bow Stand, by Lord Wintherus Alban
- Three Ingredient Subtlety Staples, by Mistress Victoria Thrakesina
- On Writing Skaldic Verse for Lochacers, by Lord Anton de Stoc
- Meet the Artisan: an Interview with Lady Fiora Vespucci, Book Herald, by Lady Gwen verch David
- The Many Kinds of Money in Medieval Europe, by Lord AElfred se leof
- The Market Wallet, by Lady Jeneur le Geline
- On Demaundes Joyous, the First English Jokebook, by Baroness Annys Blodwell
AND photography by:
- Baroness Josseline de la cour
- Baroness Adelindis filia Gotefridi
- Mistress Anna de Wilde
- Lord Bjorn Bassason
- Tony London
AND the results of the Cockatrice survey! (To summarise: we’re mostly good, but a lot of people want a blog/webpage format and a lot of people feel their work isn’t welcome in the publication. I’ll be looking into dual publication options and ways to build a more welcoming culture for contributors.)
Check it out! Cockatrice AS 53 – August
This month’s edition features:
- Early Period Russian Garb on a Budget: A Project Diary – Baroness Adelindis filia Gotefridi
- Untitled Sonnet 1 – Lady Ragnhildr Freysteinndottir
- Cord-Making Techniques: A Practical Comparison – Lady Gwen verch David
- Untitled Sonnet 2 – Lady Ragnhildr Freysteinndottir
- Spindle Whorls V1.0, 2.0, 3.0: Being a Series of Attempts to Bring a Project to Fruition – Mistress katherine kerr of the Hermitage
Read it here: Cockatrice AS 53 – May
Some of the teachers from this year’s Rowany Festival have offered to share their class handouts with the kingdom!
The August, November, and February A.S. 52 editions have now been uploaded to our editions page, bring us up to date!
The recent Cockatrice has been made available for download, or reading online.
Lick on the Editions link above!
The New August A.S.51 Cockatrice has been emailed, by the Editor, to Subscribers.
Subscribers should check their email in-box for a 3.4m bumper edition!
Great reading over the cold, long nights!
Don’t have an free email subscription? Use the form to the right (website) and at the bottom (mobile).
The latest edition will be available on-line soon.
Here are the dates to remember and scribe in for this year!
August 51 Edition
- Submissions due 1 July
- Published 1 August
November 51 Edition
- Submissions due 1 October
- Published 1 November
For more information,
Editor: Signora Onorata Elisabetta Foscari